Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week In Review

Below are some highlights from news stories and blog posts I have read in the past week that deal with my overlapping interests in Genealogy, History, Heritage, and Technology.
What happens to our research when we're gone?  This question is addressed by:
Two related press releases regarding the 1940 Census
    Humor

    And a comic with which I identified.


    I saw the above XKCD comic, and thought about changing the text to: "Never have I felt so close to another soul and yet so helplessly alone as when I Google an ancestor and there's one result: a thread by someone with the same brick wall and no answer. Last posted to in 2003.  Who where you, GeneaResearcher9? What have you learned?!"


    Other Weekly Link Lists

          1 comment:

          Deb Ruth said...

          Thanks for mentioning the "Connected on Find-A-Grave" post. Still excited about discovering my husband's cousin. Has been a bonanza of information!