Friday, October 17, 2008

Meme: 25 Things

Bill West has tagged me in a meme that has been traveling quickly around the genea-blogosphere. For those of you who don’t know me, this provides a list of facts that when combined may say a lot about me.

10 years ago I was....

1. 29 years old
2. A COBOL programmer for AG Edwards and Sons
3. A freshly minted Uncle
4. Performing my poetry weekly at the Venice Café open mic
5. Maintaining a website at Geocities, mostly focused on politics and Victor Hugo

Five things on today's to-do list:

1. Happy Hour with some colleagues
2. Performing my poetry at Hartford Community Cafe
3. Watch the Presidential Debate I DVRd earlier this week
4. Enter some data I collected from the St. Louis County City Directories last night at the library
5. Finish writing my response to this meme.

Five snacks I enjoy:

1. Dried fruit
2. Carrots and hummus
3. Cheese and crackers
4. Peanut butter and celery
5. Chocolate

Five places I have lived:

1. Clayton, MO
2. Grinnell, IA
3. Georgetown, DC
4. University City, MO
5. Brentwood, MO

Five jobs I've Had:

1. Stockboy
2. Congressional Intern
3. Poet/Fiction Writer
4. Computer Programmer
5. Grant Writer

#3 has never provided me with a steady paycheck. I think my earnings still fall in the double digits. Total. For over 10 years. I need to work on increasing it.

Like so many memes, I’m supposed to tag five more geneabloggers to answer this. I’ve tried to name five who haven’t responded to this meme yet, however, it’s possible I’m tagging someone who’s already been tagged by someone else, as this meme has been traveling around.

1. David at OakvilleBlackWalnut
2. Amanda at Random Ramblings
3. Chery at Nordic Blue
4. Craig at GeneaBlogie
5. George at George Geder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John,

You have changed the face of your blog. I hardly recognized it. You have been busy . Mom